Two can definitely tango
Trojans have had success with classes with multiple running backs before
Updated: May 25, 2012, 12:18 PM ETBy Garry Paskwietz | WeAreSC
- LOS ANGELES -- The USC Trojans received verbal commitments last week from two highly ranked tailbacks -- Ty Isaac and Justin Davis -- and there was immediate concern from some USC fans who wondered about taking two such players at one position in the same class. There are two trains of thought. First of all, every team wants to get as many talented players as possible. Football at the highest college level is a competitive sport, and the players know there will be other big-time recruits who will be fighting them for playing time. On the other hand, players want to play, and there are times when there aren't enough balls to go around, especially at the skill positions of quarterback and running back.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Sources: Lakers talk state of team after rout
- South Carolina coach Martin sorry for outburst
- Noah declines to talk about Carmelo 'gossip'
- Tiger 6 behind D. Johnson, 3 others at Doral
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's USC Trojans Practice Legend Authentic Font Cardinal Performance T-Shirt
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com