Qualls displays wide range of talent
2013 Casa Grande prospect plays rare double of RB, D-line
Updated: May 29, 2012, 12:46 PM ETBy Erik McKinney | WeAreSC
- The fact that a defensive tackle registered 76 tackles and four sacks during his junior year is fairly impressive, but that alone wouldn't convince college coaches to offer a scholarship. Add in the fact the same player racked up 1,139 rushing yards, 215 receiving yards and 14 total touchdowns, and one begins to understand why coaches are flocking to Petaluma (Calif.) Casa Grande High School this spring to get a look at Elijah Qualls. The 6-foot-2, 280-pound athlete caused quite a stir over the past few months, as he picked up his first scholarship offer at the end of his junior season and is now one of the state's hottest commodities. He'll have a chance to make even more noise nationally this summer, as Qualls doubled up at the Oakland Nike Football Training Camp, earning defensive line MVP honors as well as an invitation to The Opening.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Florida routs Kentucky to finish 18-0 in SEC
- Tiger surges up Doral leaderboard with 66
- Source: Phil considers Knicks front-office job
- Alvarez dispatches Angulo with TKO in 10th
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike USC Trojans Mini Rubber Football
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com