Top RB prospect set for visit
Ty Isaac has USC on radar, along with Michigan, Notre Dame
Updated: March 20, 2012, 12:48 PM ETBy Erik McKinney | We Are SC
- Running back arguably registers as the most important position for the USC Trojans in the 2013 recruiting class. The transfers of Amir Carlisle and Dillon Baxter leave coach Lane Kiffin with just two pure tailbacks brought in over the past four classes. The departure of Curtis McNeal following the 2012 season will leave those two -- redshirt freshman Buck Allen and redshirt sophomore D.J. Morgan -- as the only tailbacks on the roster.Abundantly aware of the issue, Kiffin and his staff have jumped out quickly in recruiting running backs and will be in position this week to take a huge step forward, as they will host one of the country's top talents in Ty Isaac (Joliet, Ill./Joliet Catholic).[+] EnlargeScott Powers/ESPNChicago.comDistance could be a factor for Illinois RB Ty Isaac, but he still is eager to check out what USC has to offer.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Florida routs Kentucky to finish 18-0 in SEC
- In progress: Tiger climbing Doral leaderboard
- WVU overcomes Wiggins' 41 to stun Kansas
- Sources: Lakers not ready to fire D'Antoni
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com