Ten storylines for the 2012 class
The factors that came into play to create the Trojans' most recent recruiting class
Updated: February 9, 2012, 11:49 AM ETBy Erik McKinney | We Are SC
- LOS ANGELES -- The 2012 USC recruiting class is signed and looking forward to beginning its career as Trojans this summer. But before the recruits hit the campus, WeAreSC takes a look back at the 10 most significant factors that contributed to the class taking the shape it did. 1. USC's appeal is denied
This should be fairly obvious, but nothing affected the 2012 class more than Lane Kiffin and the Trojans being handcuffed by NCAA sanctions. With only 15 spots available, several would-be Trojans will now be suiting up for opposing programs over the coming seasons. Not only does the limited number mean the USC coaches need to hit on 80 or 90 percent of the class, but they weren't able to load up with the bodies that make up the bottom half of a normal recruiting class. Those bodies often offer the hidden gems that bump a class up a notch or two.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Tiger surges up Doral leaderboard with 66
- Sources: Mendenhall, 26, retiring from NFL
- Creighton's McDermott goes over 3K in win
- Cavs honor 'Big Z' as LeBron makes cameo
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com