Get your popcorn ready
National signing day has evolved from a last-page blurb to prime office discussion
Updated: January 29, 2012, 4:15 PM ETBy Greg Katz | WeAreSC.com
LOS ANGELES -- There is no question that national signing day for college football has taken on a life form all its own. For college football fans, it's a Mardi Gras celebration of recruiting like no other. The whole national signing buildup, which used to be nothing more than a short sidebar story on the back page of the sports section, has become college football's version of the NFL draft. In fact, it would be safe to say that in its own domain, it's bigger than the NFL draft.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- NFL suspends Ravens RB Rice for 2 games
- Longhorns WRs charged with sexual assault
- Suspended WR Blackmon arrested for pot
- RG III: Good having coaches 'believe in you'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Youth USC Trojans Cardinal #9 Football Game Jersey