USC's most wanted
WeAreSC goes over the top 10 uncommitted targets for the Trojans
Updated: December 7, 2011, 10:24 AM ETBy Erik McKinney | We Are SC
- LOS ANGELES -- With coaches making in-home visits and recruits taking official visits, recruiting has turned up a notch. The USC coaches find themselves in the hunt for some of the top talent in the country to close out their 2012 recruiting class. WeAreSC takes a look at 10 of the top targets still on the board for the Trojans. DT Ellis McCarthy (Monrovia, Calif./Monrovia)
There is no way to overstate how important the addition of McCarthy would be to this recruiting class. There is no experienced depth along the interior of the defensive line, and McCarthy boasts the size and quickness to offer immediate help as a true freshman. Nationally recruited defensive tackles don't pop up all that frequently in Southern California, so keeping McCarthy close to home and away from the Pac-12 teams chasing him -- Oregon, California, Washington and UCLA -- is a must for the Trojans.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Jets release Holmes, create more cap space
- Staying in the nest: Seahawks retain Bennett
- Self 'confident' Embiid will play despite back
- 'Nervous' Bonds back with Giants in new role
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com