Two big targets visiting Oregon
Arik Armstead, Kevon Seymour to be in Eugene; Cope-Fitzpatrick considering visits
Updated: November 18, 2011, 6:02 PM ETBy Erik McKinney | We Are SC
- The Southern California high school playoffs kick off tonight, and several intriguing first-round matchups feature USC commits or targets. This weekend will also give USC a chance to impress several recruits who will be on hand when the Trojans travel to Eugene to take on the Oregon Ducks.La Puente Bishop Amat (6-4) vs. Rancho Santa Margarita (8-2): Bishop Amat could be riding a high heading into this game. A knee injury knocked Bishop Amat quarterback Rio Ruiz -- also a USC baseball commit -- out of a late-season loss to Los Angeles Loyola. But after sitting out the season finale, Ruiz will suit up tonight and could be back in action for the Lancers. Though Bishop Amat went just 1-3 in the very difficult Serra League, they won a coin toss to get into the playoffs and will be playing with nothing to lose. Santa Margarita, led by USC commit Max Tuerk, heads into the playoffs after a heartbreaking overtime loss to Anaheim Servite to end the regular season. The Eagles will likely rely on their big offensive line in the first round, where a win would set up a possible matchup with Long Beach Poly.Courtesy All American GamesMax Tuerk and Rancho Santa Margarita play La Puente Bishop Amat tonight in the first round of the CIF playoffs.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Florida routs Kentucky to finish 18-0 in SEC
- Tiger surges up Doral leaderboard with 66
- Source: Phil considers Knicks front-office job
- WVU overcomes Wiggins' 41 to stun Kansas
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com