Ducks and Trojans recruiting rivals
Oregon's success on the field against USC is slowly translating to the recruiting trail
Updated: November 17, 2011, 3:02 PM ETBy Erik McKinney | We Are SC
- With a no-huddle offense, playmakers at every skill position and an appearance in last year's national championship game, Oregon has announced itself as a giant in college football. And that success has translated to the recruiting trail, where flashy uniforms and a potential third consecutive Pac-12 title have the Ducks creeping up on the Trojans for recruiting supremacy in the conference. It's a race that doesn't necessarily need a winner. With so many talented athletes across the country and an extreme difference in offensive and defensive styles, the Ducks and Trojans are each going to get their share of players if the on-field results continue. But the Oregon and USC coaches are going head to head for far more players now than when the Trojans were running roughshod for the better part of the last decade.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Reports: Saints to release Sproles if no trade
- Source: Jackson 'ready to go back to work'
- Source: Vikings to re-sign Cassel for 2 years
- Sources: Lakers talk state of team after rout
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com