USC hopes it rained on ND parade
Trojans feel that victory during Notre Dame's big weekend was "free advertising"
Updated: October 24, 2011, 4:30 PM ETBy Erik McKinney | We Are SC
- LOS ANGELES -- This past weekend might have been the biggest recruiting event in Notre Dame history, but the USC Trojans did the best they could to use it to their advantage, coming away with a 31-17 victory. While the Irish hosted 16 official visitors and dozens more on unofficial visits, the Trojans left South Bend, Ind., with their fifth consecutive win at Notre Dame Stadium. Many of those visitors aren't on USC's list of targets for the 2012 class, but several priorities received a clear message from the Trojans -- specifically from head coach Lane Kiffin, when asked about winning such a big game in front of so many recruits.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Manziel inks endorsement contract with Nike
- Spurs breeze past Heat with Duncan in form
- Report: Sharper admitted sex not consensual
- LeBron may mentor George, gets ceremony OK
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com