Woods relishing leadership role
Talented Inglewood (Calif.) athlete excelling at teaching younger players his craft
Updated: September 15, 2011, 3:02 PM ETBy Erik McKinney | WeAreSC.com
- INGLEWOOD, Calif. -- For the past month, Inglewood High School wide receiver Derrick Woods has been using a lot of his available free time serving as an assistant coach for the Inglewood Jets, perhaps the most prolific Pop Warner Youth Football program in the country. The Jets have produced NFL players in DeSean Jackson, Orlando Scandrick and Lawrence Jackson, as well as NBA All-Stars Paul Pierce and Baron Davis. Woods also got his start with them -- he began playing football when he was 11 and joined the Jets at age 12.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Sources: Browns, Raiders inquire on Revis
- Bynum to make Pacers debut against Celtics
- Selection committee to monitor Embiid injury
- Sources: Johnson to Bucs on massive deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings USC Trojans Junior-Sized Tailgater Football
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com