Post-spring defensive depth chart
Big 12's best defense will need to find capable backups
Updated: April 5, 2012, 10:57 AM ETBy Carter Strickland | HornsNation
- AUSTIN, Texas -- The hype that surrounds Texas' 2012 defense has not yet made its way to Manny Diaz. But that is just a coach's nature. And the Longhorns defensive coordinator, despite having what appears to be the top 11 players on defense in the conference, remains nervous about not just his top 11 but the 22 after that."You have to have a backup that can go in and the quality doesn't take a drop down," Diaz said.[+] EnlargeBrendan Maloney/US PresswireJunior college transfer Brandon Moore was one of the most talked about new arrivals at Texas.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Stanford hires Texas' Akina as secondary coach
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Texas Longhorns Full-Size Autograph Football
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com