Defense again plays strong
The Longhorns' defense held Kansas State to just 121 total yards
Updated: November 20, 2011, 1:39 AM ETBy William Wilkerson | HornsNation
AUSTIN, Texas -- It began with a body slam on Kansas State's first play from scrimmage. Texas cornerback Quandre Diggs fought through a block, met Wildcats receiver Tramaine Thompson three yards behind the line of scrimmage, picked him up and pile-drove him into the turf.
Two plays later, Kansas State quarterback Collin Klein was sacked for the first of four times in the first half.
Brendan Maloney/US PresswireTexas' defense bottled up Collin Klein for most of the night and held Kansas State to 121 total yards.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Former Cal AD Barbour hired by Penn State
- Sources: Longhorns kick four more off team
- Longhorns WRs charged with sexual assault
- UGA frosh Bellamy faces DUI, speeding charges
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Kansas State Wildcats Tailgater Junior-Size Football