Defense again plays strong
The Longhorns' defense held Kansas State to just 121 total yards
Updated: November 20, 2011, 1:39 AM ETBy William Wilkerson | HornsNation
AUSTIN, Texas -- It began with a body slam on Kansas State's first play from scrimmage. Texas cornerback Quandre Diggs fought through a block, met Wildcats receiver Tramaine Thompson three yards behind the line of scrimmage, picked him up and pile-drove him into the turf.
Two plays later, Kansas State quarterback Collin Klein was sacked for the first of four times in the first half.
Brendan Maloney/US PresswireTexas' defense bottled up Collin Klein for most of the night and held Kansas State to 121 total yards.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- NCAA settles concussion suit with $70M fund
- OU RB meets with police over alleged assault
- OK State has APR penalty rescinded by NCAA
- Kentucky great 'Wah Wah' Jones dies at 88
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New World Graphics Men's Kansas State Wildcats Purple 2013 Football Schedule T-Shirt