Defense again plays strong
The Longhorns' defense held Kansas State to just 121 total yards
Updated: November 20, 2011, 1:39 AM ETBy William Wilkerson | HornsNation
AUSTIN, Texas -- It began with a body slam on Kansas State's first play from scrimmage. Texas cornerback Quandre Diggs fought through a block, met Wildcats receiver Tramaine Thompson three yards behind the line of scrimmage, picked him up and pile-drove him into the turf.
Two plays later, Kansas State quarterback Collin Klein was sacked for the first of four times in the first half.
Brendan Maloney/US PresswireTexas' defense bottled up Collin Klein for most of the night and held Kansas State to 121 total yards.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Squirrel-hunting Winston held at gunpoint in '12
- Source: Longhorns reinstate safety Turner
- Stanford WR Montgomery rehabbing shoulder
- Clemson, Auburn to face off in 2016, '17
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Schutt Kansas State Wildcats Mini Replica Football Helmet