Nickel Package: Kansas-Texas
Texas gets a chance to bounce back with hapless Kansas visiting
AUSTIN, Texas -- Texas needs to bounce back, and quickly.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- FSU starts No. 1 in preseason coaches' poll
- Alabama suspends 3 for violation of rules
- Report: Nike asked about Fisher's son's shirt
- Top Georgia receiver Mitchell reinjures knee
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
HORNSNATION WEEK 9
THIS WEEK ON HORNSNATION
Odds and ends
• Texas is 8-0 against Kansas since the two became conference opponents, with Texas winning by an average of more than 30 points per game.
• Texas has only had 2 losing streaks of 3 games or more under Mack Brown.
• Kansas is on pace to give up more points (604) than any team in the history of the FBS.
• Texas is 1-7 over the last two seasons when it has a negative turnover differential.
• Texas is the first opponent Kansas has played this season that is not undefeated at the time of the game.
• Only Cedric Benson, Earl Campbell, Ricky Williams and Jamaal Charles have had at least three games with 100 yards rushing as true freshman in a Texas uniform.
• Five different Longhorns have thrown touchdown passes this season. That's the highest total for any FBS team.
-- ESPN Stats and Information>