Nickel Package: Kansas-Texas
Texas gets a chance to bounce back with hapless Kansas visiting
AUSTIN, Texas -- Texas needs to bounce back, and quickly.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- Former Vols coach Majors in stable condition
- FSU's Fisher: 'We're not defending anything'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
HORNSNATION WEEK 9
THIS WEEK ON HORNSNATION
Odds and ends
• Texas is 8-0 against Kansas since the two became conference opponents, with Texas winning by an average of more than 30 points per game.
• Texas has only had 2 losing streaks of 3 games or more under Mack Brown.
• Kansas is on pace to give up more points (604) than any team in the history of the FBS.
• Texas is 1-7 over the last two seasons when it has a negative turnover differential.
• Texas is the first opponent Kansas has played this season that is not undefeated at the time of the game.
• Only Cedric Benson, Earl Campbell, Ricky Williams and Jamaal Charles have had at least three games with 100 yards rushing as true freshman in a Texas uniform.
• Five different Longhorns have thrown touchdown passes this season. That's the highest total for any FBS team.
-- ESPN Stats and Information>
- Schutt Kansas Jayhawks Mini Football Helmet