Nickel Package: Texas-Iowa State
With last year's loss on their minds, the Longhorns travel to face the Cyclones
AUSTIN, Texas -- It was 1979. That was the last time Texas and Iowa State faced each other with both teams undefeated. This season, both the Longhorns and Cyclones have survived several tight games to arrive at 3-0.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- UNC celebration damages Duke locker room
- Gordon congratulates Perine on record day
- Axed: New plan for Badgers-Gophers rivalry
- Pelini: Nebraska can overcome challenges
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
HORNSNATION WEEK 5
THIS WEEK ON HORNSNATION
Pick of the week: Texas-Iowa State
Matchups to watch
Texas travels to Ames, Iowa, to face the undefeated Iowa State Cyclones
Revenge will be on the minds of the Longhorns, but so will containt ISU quarterback Steele Jantz.
UT has pressured teams into turnovers this season, but will be facing a true duel-threat in Jantz.
-- William Wilkerson
Odds and ends
• Last season, Iowa State defeated Texas for the first time in school history. The win was also its first road victory against a ranked team since 1990.
• In their eight meetings (7 as conference opponents), Texas has outscored Iowa State by an average of 16.7 points per game.
• The Longhorns have won four of their last five games when they have had at least one extra week to prepare for their opponent, with the lone exception being the BCS Championship Game against Alabama following the 2009 season.
• Texas is now 5-0 over the last two seasons when it wins the turnover battle. Despite being 3-0 this season, ISU is -5 in turnover differential.
• Case McCoy and David Ash were able to move the chains on third down, combining for five first downs passing.
-- ESPN Stats and Information>