Safety depth concerns Longhorns
Updated: September 29, 2011, 11:05 AM ETBy Carter Strickland | HornsNation
- AUSTIN, Texas -- For weeks, all concerned with Texas football wanted to know the depth chart.Now the concern is more about the depth at certain positions and where to find it on the aforementioned chart. Texas has taken hits at wide receiver, quarterback and safety. While the issues at receiver and quarterback might have lingering effects for a few weeks or through the end of the season, the depth at safety could be a problem that carries into next season. The biggest hit at safety came when it was decided that Nolan Brewster had to walk away from football because of a history of post-traumatic migraines and concussions through his high school and college careers. That loss was slightly mitigated by the return of senior Christian Scott from suspension.[+] EnlargeJohn Albright / Icon SMIChristian Scott's return from suspension will help the Longhorns' safety depth for this season at least.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Stanford hires Texas' Akina as secondary coach
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Youth Texas Longhorns Burnt Orange #1 Football Game Jersey
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com