The other new faces making plays
Texas has played 18 freshmen this year, and a few could be about to shine
Updated: September 23, 2011, 11:19 AM ETBy Carter Strickland | HornsNation
- AUSTIN, Texas -- There is some calm in the chaos that is the Texas sideline. It seems hard to fathom, considering against UCLA alone the Longhorns used 55 players in the first quarter -- 23 on offense and 22 on defense. But Texas coach Mack Brown insists it is true. "It is difficult," he said of moving so many players in and out of the game. "But the offensive staff has done an amazing job of getting in and out without much problems."[+] EnlargeAP Photo/Eric GayMalcolm Brown, Texas' leading rusher, has already burst on to the scene as a freshman.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- Former Vols coach Majors in stable condition
- FSU's Fisher: 'We're not defending anything'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Texas Longhorns Burnt Orange Speed Legend Long Sleeve Performance Shirt
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com