The other new faces making plays
Texas has played 18 freshmen this year, and a few could be about to shine
Updated: September 23, 2011, 11:19 AM ETBy Carter Strickland | HornsNation
AUSTIN, Texas -- There is some calm in the chaos that is the Texas sideline. It seems hard to fathom, considering against UCLA alone the Longhorns used 55 players in the first quarter -- 23 on offense and 22 on defense. But Texas coach Mack Brown insists it is true. "It is difficult," he said of moving so many players in and out of the game. "But the offensive staff has done an amazing job of getting in and out without much problems."
AP Photo/Eric GayMalcolm Brown, Texas' leading rusher, has already burst on to the scene as a freshman.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- No. 1 QB Murray stays with A&M after UT visit
- Seahawks' Sherman, Bennett rip 'scam' NCAA
- Sources: ACC to count BYU among Power 5
- Former PSU player Taliaferro now lawmaker
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Youth Texas Longhorns #28 Burnt Orange Football Game Jersey