The other new faces making plays
Texas has played 18 freshmen this year, and a few could be about to shine
Updated: September 23, 2011, 11:19 AM ETBy Carter Strickland | HornsNation
AUSTIN, Texas -- There is some calm in the chaos that is the Texas sideline. It seems hard to fathom, considering against UCLA alone the Longhorns used 55 players in the first quarter -- 23 on offense and 22 on defense. But Texas coach Mack Brown insists it is true. "It is difficult," he said of moving so many players in and out of the game. "But the offensive staff has done an amazing job of getting in and out without much problems."
AP Photo/Eric GayMalcolm Brown, Texas' leading rusher, has already burst on to the scene as a freshman.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Spurrier digs at Swinney, cites wins in rivalry
- Snyder to Texas' Strong: 'Be who you are'
- Diggs: Some ex-Longhorns didn't love game
- TCU 'separates' from star DE after gun claim
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Texas Longhorns Full-Size Autograph Football