Nickel Package: Texas-UCLA
The Longhorns hit the road to face a Bruins team that embarrassed them in 2010
AUSTIN, Texas -- Texas is in a familiar spot. It started last season with three consecutive wins before things fell apart when UCLA came to town. The Bruins ran all over Texas in a 34-12 win.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
HORNSNATION WEEK 3
THIS WEEK ON HORNSNATION
CFB Live: The QB to be is ?
Matchups to watch
Texas hits the road to face UCLA, and the Longhorns will need to be stout up front.
The Bruins ran all over Texas in last year's meeting in Austin, so a big key will be if Texas can control the line of scrimmage.
UCLA has had some issues stopping the run, so a bigger dose of Malcolm Brown might be in order at the Rose Bowl.
-- William Wilkerson
Odds and ends
• Texas is 3-1 in games played in California since winning the Rose Bowl against Michigan on New Year's Day, 2005.
• Texas and UCLA have met five times, with UCLA winning three of the meetings.
•Texas has outrushed its first two opponents by a combined total of 222 yards.
• Through two games, Texas has run the ball nearly twice as many times as it has thrown it (91-47). In 2010, Texas passed the ball 50.7 percent of the time, while running 49.3 percent.
• Since winning the national championship after the 2005 season, the Longhorns have gone 9-1 in games decided by three points or fewer. The 9th win came this past Saturday vs BYU.
-- ESPN Stats and Information>
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Nike Men's Texas Longhorns White 'longhorn State' Local Characteristic T-shirt