Another second-half surge for Texas
After starting slowly, the Longhorns rallied behind tough running and a stout defense
AUSTIN, Texas -- Texas wasn't supposed to start slowly.
That was the mantra for the week. Everywhere you turned, every other word out of players' and coaches' mouths was about starting fast.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
HORNSNATION BYU POST
TEXAS 17, BYU 16
Odds and ends
• Through 2 games, Texas has run the ball nearly twice as many times as they have thrown it (91-47).
• The Longhorns have run for almost twice as many yards in the 2nd half as in the 1st half through two games this season.
• Against BYU, they ran for 120 of their 166 yards after the half.
• In its win over BYU, Texas ran the ball 43 times with nine different players getting credit for carries.
• Texas has started each of the previous four seasons with at least three straight victories. The last time Texas failed to start at least 3-0 was in 2006 (lost to Ohio State).
-- ESPN Stats and Information>
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Nike Men's Texas Longhorns White 'longhorn State' Local Characteristic T-shirt