State of the position: Running backs
Fozzy Whittaker and Malcolm Brown will key Longhorns' attack
Among the many things Texas tailbacks couldn't run away from last season -- Iowa State's defense, UCLA's defense, Oklahoma State's defense, etc. -- were the stats.[+] EnlargeDennis Hubbard/Icon SMISenior running back Fozzy Whittaker rushed for 351 yards and two touchdowns in 2010.
In the seven games Texas lost, it was outrushed in five of them by an average of 103 yards.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Stanford hires Texas' Akina as secondary coach
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Texas Longhorns #8 Burnt Orange Red River Rivalry Limited Football Jersey