Texas seeks balance, progress
Longhorns look to create discomfort to find perfect combination for 2013
Updated: December 31, 2012, 12:08 AM ETBy Sean Adams | HornsNation
AUSTIN, Texas -- Every coaching staff has a different philosophy in regard to what it thinks balance is and how it wants to achieve it. Some offenses run the ball only to mask the fact that they are going to throw it 80 percent of the time. Some teams run the ball 80 percent of the time and pass only out of desperation or shock value and hope they can occasionally hit a big play.
When it comes to a coaching staff wanting balance, it usually means that a coach wants to call a close to equal amount of pass plays and run plays.
John Albright/Icon SMIMajor Applewhite is looking to test his players in the offseason.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- No. 1 QB Murray stays with A&M after UT visit
- Seahawks' Sherman, Bennett rip 'scam' NCAA
- Sources: ACC to count BYU among Power 5
- Former PSU player Taliaferro now lawmaker
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Youth Texas Longhorns #28 Burnt Orange Football Game Jersey