Longhorns again rewrite script
Texas' 2012 story has changed many times, but ending still could be happy
Updated: November 5, 2012, 12:25 AM ETBy Sean Adams | HornsNation
- The lenses through which we look at football teams change at every part of the year. There have been fairly definable ways to look at the University of Texas football program at different stages of the last 12 months.There was an air of momentum after the Holiday Bowl win against California. There was an air of final touches with the spring enrollment of junior college linemen Donald Hawkins and Brandon Moore. There was something to believe in when Mack Brown talked in the preseason about having the pieces in place to move back into that 10-win category. He even chimed in that Texas could be competing for a BCS game and a national championship in the next year or two. Texas named David Ash the starter at quarterback, and the whole package was coming together.[+] EnlargeMichael C. Johnson/US PRESSWIREWith two touchdown catches Saturday, Mike Davis (left, celebrating with D.J. Grant) helped Texas rewrite its season's script.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Miami's Knighton out of hospital after falling ill
- Stanford hires Texas' Akina as secondary coach
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Youth Texas Longhorns White #1 Football Game Jersey
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com