Standards are sinking
Raucous celebration after beating Kansas evidence of lowered expectations
Updated: October 29, 2012, 12:24 AM ETBy Sean Adams | HornsNation
- The old saying is that nothing gets a coach fired quicker than unmet expectations. Unmet expectations got John Cooper fired at Ohio State, Mike Stoops fired at Arizona and Ron Zook fired everywhere. The media had its expectations for the 2012 Texas Longhorns and so did the coaching staff. Coach Mack Brown told us before the season started that Texas had a team that he felt good about and that "could" win every game.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Stanford hires Texas' Akina as secondary coach
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Texas Longhorns Mini Rubber Football
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com