Big lineman likes Longhorns
The 6-foot-7 prospect comes from powerhouse Evangel Christian program
Updated: December 7, 2011, 10:07 AM ETBy William Wilkerson | HornsNation
DALLAS -- The pipeline from Shreveport (La.) Evangel Christian, a 12-time Louisiana state champion high school, to The University of Texas has long been one of the Longhorns' most rewarding out-of-state connections.
There were Cole and Chase Pittman in the early 2000s. Phillip Geiggar and Stevie Lee both played their last games as Longhorns in Texas' Rose Bowl victory over Michigan to cap the 2004 season. Most recently is freshman kicker William Russ, who will compete for starting duties in 2012.
Courtesy Claude Price PhotosTBD by Editor
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- NCAA settles concussion suit with $70M fund
- OU RB meets with police over alleged assault
- OK State has APR penalty rescinded by NCAA
- Kentucky great 'Wah Wah' Jones dies at 88
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Texas Longhorns #14 Burnt Orange Football Game Jersey