Top recruit considering Texas
- AUSTIN, Texas -- HornsNation takes a look at the prospects Texas is still considering to fill out its Class of 2012, which currently sits at 19 commitments and atop the ESPNU Class Rankings.Tony Avelar for ESPNHSArik Armstead, who decommitted from USC, could visit the Longhorns in early December.
Arik Armstead, Defensive end/Offensive tackle
Elk Grove, Calif./Pleasant Grove
Armstead, the No. 2 offensive tackle and No. 15 player overall, is being recruited to Texas as a defensive lineman. He would also like to play basketball in college. He has taken official visits to Notre Dame (Oct. 21), Alabama (Nov. 5) and Oregon (Nov. 18). He could take an official to Texas as early as Dec. 9. Armstead was once committed to USC, and the Trojans are still in the mix.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- Former Vols coach Majors in stable condition
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM