Ranking on potential
Player rankings are only the beginning
Updated: April 16, 2012, 10:34 AM ETBy Sean Adams | HornsNation
- Texas head coach Mack Brown has said on more than one occasion that he does not care about rankings. He has remarked to anyone that would listen, "I don't care about the rankings. But if they are going to have rankings, you want to be in them."I must admit that I love rankings. I am the first to look at the next year's team rankings the day after the BCS national championship game. I am the first one to look at rankings for high school juniors after commitments have taken place to see where the talent is flowing. I would be the first to look at a list if someone ranked high school freshmen because I am always interested to see where the talent originates. With that said, here are five things to remember about player and recruit rankings as the 2013 ESPN 150 rolls out on Tuesday.[+] EnlargeBrendan Maloney/US PresswireMack Brown has consistently pulled in some of the highest rated recruits.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- Former Vols coach Majors in stable condition
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Schutt Texas A&M Aggies Mini Authentic Football Helmet
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com