Hall getting stronger, better
Texas commit moves from Seattle and becomes a force at defensive end
Updated: April 10, 2012, 8:45 PM ETBy William Wilkerson | HornsNation
- LANCASTER, Texas -- The expressions on the faces of Lancaster's coaching staff upon seeing Longhorns defensive end commitment Daeshon Hall for the first time last July had to have been like a child's first Mickey Mouse sighting. Imagine being a coach walking into an open gym at the high school only to see a transfer student from Seattle dunking with ease."The first time I saw him we were having open gym and I am thinking 'Wow,'" Lancaster head football coach Chris Gilbert said. "But I had no idea what kind of player he was."[+] EnlargeWilliam Wilkerson/ESPN.comDaeshon Hall had 60 tackles and 11 sacks in his junior year.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Stanford hires Texas' Akina as secondary coach
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Texas Longhorns Burnt Orange Red River Rivalry T-Shirt
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com