Oliver makes his own choice
The 6-foot-4 receiver becomes the second member of Texas' 2013 class
DALLAS -- Jake Oliver was raised by former Texas A&M athletes, has a brother who attends Oklahoma and a high school coach who proudly displays his TCU degree and memorabilia in his office.[+] EnlargeMax Olson/ESPN.comJake Oliver, who caught 23 touchdowns last season, is an ESPNU Watch List prospect.
In the end, none of those allegiances mattered to Oliver. After a trip to Texas' junior day on Sunday, the Dallas Jesuit receiver knew he needed to become a Longhorn.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- Former Vols coach Majors in stable condition
- FSU's Fisher: 'We're not defending anything'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Texas Longhorns Burnt Orange Coaches Performance Polo