Hard to fight attrition battle
The past 10 seasons have seen 37 percent of recruits not finish
AUSTIN, Texas -- Wait, before continued reading, make sure to be firmly rooted on the ground, not hopped up on the third frappuccino of the day and plenty rested after the whirlwind that was Texas' last-minute recruiting smash and grab.
Because now it is time to ease back to reality. And reality around recruiting, whether it be Texas or elsewhere, is that more than handful of the names drooled over on national signing day will be long forgotten three, four or five years from now.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Sources: Longhorns kick four more off team
- Longhorns WRs charged with sexual assault
- Auburn's Marshall pays pot possession fines
- Washington QB Miles suspended for opener
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Schutt Texas A&M Aggies Mini Authentic Football Helmet