Davis caps UT's big finish
The defensive end's signing-day switch give Texas 12 ESPNU 150 commits
AUSTIN, Texas -- There was a time some seven years ago that saying the name "Ryan Perrilloux" around town would have gotten you, at the very least, a strange look and a perturbed response from someone in burnt orange.
Perrilloux, of course, was not only one of the top quarterbacks but top players in the country out of Reserve (La.) East St. John's in 2005. He appeared to be the heir apparent to Vince Young after he gave his verbal commitment to the Longhorns months before national signing day and remained steadfast about signing with Texas over that time.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Longhorns dismiss 2 for violating team rules
- Bama opens spring practice in search of QB
- NC State's Byrd gets 6th year of eligibility
- Ex-Fiesta Bowl chief gets 8 months in scheme
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Texas Longhorns Burnt Orange Coaches Performance Polo