Brown and Sanders' surprise performances
Injuries caused some frustration for Texas commits at all-star games
No program saw more of its verbal commits play in the nation's two biggest all-star games than Texas. A total of 13 of the Longhorns' 24 current pledges competed in the Under Armour All-America Game and U.S. Army All-American Bowl.
The results certainly didn't come as expected. Texas' two most high-profile commits were knocked out of their games with injuries, and another shined by switching things up and playing defense.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Stoops bashes Saban's 'consolation' remark
- C-USA chief: 'Second 5' will still be relevant
- NCAA infractions chair: Reasons for inactivity
- Ducks decided favorites in Pac-12 media poll
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Youth Texas Longhorns Burnt Orange #1 Football Game Jersey