Brown and Sanders' surprise performances
Injuries caused some frustration for Texas commits at all-star games
No program saw more of its verbal commits play in the nation's two biggest all-star games than Texas. A total of 13 of the Longhorns' 24 current pledges competed in the Under Armour All-America Game and U.S. Army All-American Bowl.
The results certainly didn't come as expected. Texas' two most high-profile commits were knocked out of their games with injuries, and another shined by switching things up and playing defense.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Florida banged up entering spring practice
- Vandy hires Utah St.'s Maile as D-line coach
- Miami's Knighton out of hospital after falling ill
- Stanford hires Texas' Akina as secondary coach
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Texas Longhorns Coaches Performance White Polo