OU corners lock down Tulsa offense
Demontre Hurst and Jamell Fleming hold Tulsa's passing attack in check early
Updated: September 4, 2011, 4:07 AM ETBy Brandon Chatmon | SoonerNation
NORMAN, Okla. -- During Oklahoma's 47-14 win Saturday night over Tulsa at Owen Field, Sooners cornerbacks Demontre Hurst and Jamell Fleming showed why OU's defense has the potential to be outstanding in 2011. "Throughout the game we were pretty much doing what we had to do as far as us corners," Hurst said. "We put a lot of pressure on their receivers and our defensive line put pressure on [Tulsa quarterback G.J.] Kinne to force bad throws." Hurst and Fleming, one of the top cornerback duos in the nation, were superb in coverage as Kinne repeatedly dropped back to pass -- only to find tightly-covered receivers.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Grantham opts to stay at L'ville over Raiders
- Penn State president: Freeh report 'not useful'
- Report: EKU player hurt in fight with Wildcats
- Sources: ACC to count BYU among Power 5
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Oklahoma Sooners Crimson Football Champions Local Attribute T-shirt