OU corners lock down Tulsa offense
Demontre Hurst and Jamell Fleming hold Tulsa's passing attack in check early
Updated: September 4, 2011, 4:07 AM ETBy Brandon Chatmon | SoonerNation
- NORMAN, Okla. -- During Oklahoma's 47-14 win Saturday night over Tulsa at Owen Field, Sooners cornerbacks Demontre Hurst and Jamell Fleming showed why OU's defense has the potential to be outstanding in 2011. "Throughout the game we were pretty much doing what we had to do as far as us corners," Hurst said. "We put a lot of pressure on their receivers and our defensive line put pressure on [Tulsa quarterback G.J.] Kinne to force bad throws." Hurst and Fleming, one of the top cornerback duos in the nation, were superb in coverage as Kinne repeatedly dropped back to pass -- only to find tightly-covered receivers.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- Former Vols coach Majors in stable condition
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Schutt Oklahoma Sooners Mini Authentic Football Helmet
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com