Receiver transfers big for OU
The impact of Justin Brown, Jalen Saunders on Sooners' offense dramatic
Updated: November 28, 2012, 12:51 AM ETBy Brandon Chatmon | SoonerNation
- NORMAN, Okla. -- It's difficult to underrate the impact of Jalen Saunders and Justin Brown on the Oklahoma football team in 2012. Neither player was anywhere to be found in Norman, Okla., during spring football, yet both receivers have become key members of the Sooners offense this fall.Brown, who transferred from Penn State, ranks second on the team with 62 receptions for 795 yards and four touchdowns while Saunders, who transferred from Fresno State, is third with 46 receptions for 658 yards and two touchdowns. Brown is coming off a career-high 15 receptions for 148 yards against Oklahoma State. And Saunders leads OU with 6.6 receptions for 94 yards per game since he was cleared to play in mid-October.[+] EnlargeWilliam Purnell/Icon SMIAfter missing the first few games of the season, Jalen Saunders has provided a spark for the Sooners.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Miami's Knighton out of hospital after falling ill
- Stanford hires Texas' Akina as secondary coach
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Oklahoma Sooners Anthracite Coaches Performance Polo
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com