Broyles: 'I still feel like it's not real'
Former OU receiver writes about his experience being drafted by Lions
Updated: May 4, 2012, 12:42 AM ETBy Ryan Broyles | Special to SoonerNation
- NORMAN, Okla. -- All of those hours in the weight room, on the practice field and in the classroom have paid off for former Oklahoma receiver Ryan Broyles. The all-time FBS career receptions leader has overcome several obstacles, including a torn ACL in his left knee late in his senior season, to be selected in the second round (No. 54 overall) of the 2012 NFL draft by the Detroit Lions. Broyles agreed to write a dispatch for SoonerNation to give Sooner fans a first-person look at his draft experience:
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- Former Vols coach Majors in stable condition
- FSU's Fisher: 'We're not defending anything'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NFL on ESPN.com
NFL DRAFT ON ESPN
NFL DRAFT PROFILES
HOT BUTTON: KIPER-MCSHAY DEBATES
NFL DRAFT TEAM NEEDS
MORE NFL COVERAGE
MORE NFL DRAFT
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com