OU recruiting: '10 who never were'
Marcus Dupree, Rhett Bomar headline Oklahoma's top recruits who never panned out
Updated: January 25, 2012, 11:54 AM ETBy Jake Trotter | SoonerNation
- One week from today recruits across the country will sign national letters of intent, beginning what they hope will be college careers that culminate with their selection in the first round of the NFL draft. It's an amazing time for recruits. They are courted and wooed by some of the nation's top coaches. Championships and All-American honors are promised. Stardom is just seven months away.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- Former Vols coach Majors in stable condition
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The 10 Who Never WereRecruitingNation takes a look at 10 highly touted recruits from each of our sites' schools who didn't live up to their high school hype.
- Nike Men's Oklahoma Sooners 2014 Allstate Sugar Bowl Champions Locker Room Legacy 91 Hat
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com