Browne leads West Coast targets
OU is recruiting several prospects from California, Arizona and Washington
Updated: March 13, 2012, 12:15 AM ETBy Bob Przybylo | SoonerNation
- NORMAN, Okla. -- When linebackers coach Tim Kish and secondary coach/defensive coordinator Mike Stoops joined the Oklahoma coaching staff last month, most people suspected the Sooners' defensive recruiting philosophy was going to change. That shift already is apparent. Although the Sooners still are a factor in Texas, the Kish influence has helped OU's chances on the West Coast. In particular, OU has become a major factor in Arizona and California for 2013 recruits.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Stanford hires Texas' Akina as secondary coach
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com