Safety position at OU changing
Sooners are recruiting smaller safeties with cover skills to counter Big 12 offenses
Updated: October 18, 2011, 12:59 AM ETBy Brandon Chatmon | SoonerNation
NORMAN, Okla. -- During Oklahoma's 38-28 win over Missouri in late September, sophomore safety Aaron Colvin blitzed the quarterback on one play, served as the deep safety on another play, then found himself in one-on-one coverage with a Tigers receiver shortly thereafter. Welcome to the safety position in 2011.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- NCAA president calls for 'scholarships for life'
- Top QB commit: No 'Johnny Football' pressure
- Cops: Miami LBs admit to sex assault of teen
- USC's Bigelow out for season with torn ACL
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's Oklahoma Sooners Crimson Sugar Bowl Bound Pique Xtra-Lite Polo