Safety position at OU changing
Sooners are recruiting smaller safeties with cover skills to counter Big 12 offenses
Updated: October 18, 2011, 12:59 AM ETBy Brandon Chatmon | SoonerNation
NORMAN, Okla. -- During Oklahoma's 38-28 win over Missouri in late September, sophomore safety Aaron Colvin blitzed the quarterback on one play, served as the deep safety on another play, then found himself in one-on-one coverage with a Tigers receiver shortly thereafter. Welcome to the safety position in 2011.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Lawsuit challenges NCAA amateur model
- Alcohol sales not planned at Michigan Stadium
- Police wrongly identify UF's Debose as attacker
- Auburn recruit hit with 'probationary status'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Women's Oklahoma Sooners #10 Crimson Football Game Jersey