Recruiting Rewind Week 1
While Alex Ross sat with an injury, Texas star Daniel Brooks stepped up
Updated: September 5, 2011, 3:21 PM ETBy Bob Przybylo | SoonerNation
- The high school season kicked off in Oklahoma and one star was already in midseason form. But if you're looking for the best performer of the week, head south to Texas.
Three stars1. Daniel Brooks, ATH (Port Lavaca, Texas/Calhoun)
His offseason was highlighted by moving from Rockdale, Texas, to Port Lavaca and transferring to Calhoun. His dad had a job transfer to the Port Lavaca area and Brooks wanted to stay with his family in his senior season, even if it meant leaving Rockdale. Ever since the school year has started, rumors have swirled that the 5-foot-9, 170-pound Brooks might de-commit from Oklahoma. Texas, in particular, has started to take an interest. The Longhorns and Texas Tech have both offered Brooks
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Stanford hires Texas' Akina as secondary coach
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Youth Oklahoma Sooners White #10 Football Game Jersey
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com