The nation's top 25 players
Ranking college basketball's top 25 impact players so far this season
We introduced this season's Impact 25 last month with the idea that these players wouldn't necessarily represent the best 25 players in the country -- or the best NBA prospects -- but rather players who most impact their teams, conferences and college basketball in general.
Obviously, the next edition of the Impact 25 could look completely different, just like the season. Very good players who dropped out likely will be back, and some players might come out of nowhere to earn their way onto the list. Also, while I've always been partial to under-the-radar, mid-major players, this is a very easy season to reward them, as those types of standout players -- such as Lehigh's C.J. McCollum and South Dakota State's Nate Wolters -- could star on any team in the country.
Only Indiana, Louisville and Kansas placed two players on the current list, although I could have made a great argument for the Hoosiers' Jordan Hulls making this list as a third member from his team.
Here are my top 25 impact players in college basketball as of Dec. 13.
1. Cody Zeller (Previous ranking: No. 1)Center | Sophomore | Indiana Hoosiers
The Hoosiers have not been tested much, and Zeller has had to play more than 30 minutes in a game only once, so his numbers are not eye-popping. But it doesn't matter, as his offensive efficiency has been outstanding in the 24 percent of Hoosiers possessions he's utilizing. Big Ten play will provide the true measure of what he means to the nation's current No. 1 team. In the meantime, there's no better player to build an elite college basketball team around than Zeller.
To see Fran Fraschilla's ranking of the nation's top 25 impact players, you must be an ESPN Insider.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Winston investigation results due Thursday
- FSU's Winston captures ACC player of year
- Grambling hands coaching reins to Fobbs
- Washington names Tuiasosopo interim coach
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
Insider CBB content
• Greenberg/Telep: Kansas Jayhawks
• Greenberg/Finkelstein: Marquette
• Gasaway/Rankin: Indiana Hoosiers
• Gasaway/Rankin: Michigan Wolverines
• Gasaway/Rankin: Ohio State Buckeyes
• Greenberg/Finkelstein: Memphis Tigers
• Gasaway/Rankin: Florida Gators
• Greenberg/Telep: Kentucky Wildcats
• Gasaway/Finkelstein: Louisville Cardinals
• Gasaway/Finkelstein: Syracuse Orange
• Greenberg/Biancardi: NC State Wolfpack
• Biancardi/Gasaway: Duke Blue Devils
• Biancardi/Gasaway: North Carolina Tar Heels
• Biancardi/Gasaway: Arizona Wildcats
• Greenberg/Telep: UCLA Bruins
• Gasaway: Breakout second-year coaches
• Lunardi: Could Louisville repeat as champs?
• Greenberg: UVA tops list of surprise teams
• Fraschilla: How returning stars can improve
• Gasaway: Top title challengers to Kentucky
• Lunardi: Who will earn No. 1 seeds in 2014?
• Telep: Latest on No. 13 junior Theo Pinson
• Rankin: What Wiggins means for Kansas
• Biancardi: KU to prep Wiggins for NBA success
• Telep: Updated look at top recruits
• Roundtable: Most impressive on AAU circuit?
• Ford: NBA draft lottery preview
• Ford: Winners from the NBA draft combine
• Fraschilla: Burke the draft's top point guard?
• Ford: Measurements concern some GMs
• Ford: Why Wiggins would go No. 1 in 2013
Jay Bilas Blog
Jay's take on latest from around the nation
Analysis from Fraschilla, Greenberg and Lunardi
Get news and rumblings before anyone
Hollinger's College PER
College basketball's top players
Get wagering advice for every game