Cooking up commitments
Michigan's BBQ in the Big House displays tight-knit football community
Updated: July 26, 2012, 1:22 PM ETBy Chantel Jennings | WolverineNation
- ANN ARBOR, Mich. -- Every coaching staff tries to create unique recruiting events that get several prospects on campus and show a side of the program that can't be seen on an average visit.Ohio State has Friday Night Lights -- a football camp/game experience. Georgia and Florida both do something similar, hoping to expose recruits to something they haven't seen elsewhere. Clemson has its "All in! Cookout," which is an old-fashioned cookout at a nearby pavilion where recruits can socialize with coaches, eat and play card games.[+] EnlargeCourtesy of Tony GantAll seven of these players at the 2011 BBQ at the Big House committed to play for Michigan.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- FSU's Fisher: 'We're not defending anything'
- Sources: No penalty for reversed targeting call
- Missouri rewards Pinkel with bump to $3.1M
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com