Five keys to success in conference
Wolverines need more consistency at quarterback, help at running back
Updated: October 2, 2012, 5:13 PM ETBy Michael Rothstein | WolverineNation
- Lon Horwedel/Icon SMIBrady Hoke has concerns, but if some areas get solved a trip to Indianapolis is possible.ANN ARBOR, Mich. -- Michigan is flawed this season. It is led by quarterback Denard Robinson, whose success and failure is often scattershot in an offensive system that is still growing around him for another two months until it gets torn apart to run the pro-style sets offensive coordinator Al Borges would prefer. Its defense is a mixture of rotating defensive linemen, few of whom are above average in the Big Ten, and a group of linebackers that could have two of three slots in a state of rotation for most of the season.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- Former Vols coach Majors in stable condition
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com