Breaking down the Gophers
Minnesota has some nice runners, including QB, but line is suspect and so is defense
Updated: September 28, 2011, 10:29 AM ETBy Michael Rothstein | WolverineNation
- ANN ARBOR, Mich. -- Minnesota is not a good football team. There's really no way around that. The Gophers were manhandled Saturday by FCS team North Dakota State, 37-24, and the Bison were superior on offense and defense. It wasn't even close. This is the team Michigan plays in its Big Ten opener this weekend, one that, in theory, will be overmatched by the Wolverines on both sides of the ball. That said, here's what stood out -- good and bad -- from the Gophers' loss Saturday.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- Former Vols coach Majors in stable condition
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com