DT keeping process in perspective
Vanderdoes embraces family, community as Michigan, others come calling
Updated: March 7, 2012, 12:14 PM ETBy Chantel Jennings | WolverineNation
- ANN ARBOR, Mich. -- Auburn, Calif., is kind of like a little piece of Texas in Northern California. The high school football team is a perennial playoff team that the community gets heavily invested in every year. However, the Hillmen have produced only a few college players the last five years, with the best going to an FCS school. So when 2013 defensive tackle recruit Eddie Vanderdoes (Auburn, Calif./Placer) got his first offer from Oregon State, it was a very big deal. Since then, he has racked up more than 20 offers, with each making the community more excited than the last.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- FSU's Fisher: 'We're not defending anything'
- Sources: No penalty for reversed targeting call
- Missouri rewards Pinkel with bump to $3.1M
- Heisman RBs Salaam, Williams on Hall ballot
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com