Back in the groove
Mattison has revitalized linebacker position through coaching, recruiting
Updated: December 5, 2012, 11:22 AM ETBy Tom VanHaaren | WolverineNation
- The linebacker position had been somewhat of a weakness in the years prior to defensive coordinator Greg Mattison's return to Ann Arbor. Recruiting numbers at the position had been average at best, but Mattison and linebackers coach Mark Smith have revived those numbers in a short amount of time. In fact, Michigan has more four-star linebackers committed between the 2012 and 2013 classes (five) than it did from 2006 to 2011 combined (four).
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Miami's Knighton out of hospital after falling ill
- Stanford hires Texas' Akina as secondary coach
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com