High standards for Westphal
2014 DB is learning from his older brother who also went through recruiting
Updated: June 26, 2012, 2:49 PM ETBy Tom VanHaaren | WolverineNation
- The recruiting process is nothing new for 2014 defensive back Parrker Westphal (Bolingbrook, Ill./Bolingbrook) since he saw his older brother Brandon, who eventually chose Illinois State, go through it.Parrker was enthusiastic about the process even then, and believed he should be getting some of the attention as well. "Parrker was kind of like the little kid in the movie, 'The Blind Side.' He was pulling up highlights on the computer for coaches," his father Brian said. "Even though they're five years apart, I felt that Parrker was feeling a little left out, so I made a highlight DVD at 10 of his Pop Warner stuff. Some of the coaches took his DVD too."[+] EnlargeCourtesy V.I.P. PhotographyParrker Westphal, a 2014 prospect, could play a number of positions at the college level.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- Former Vols coach Majors in stable condition
- FSU's Fisher: 'We're not defending anything'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com