Kids talk recruiting tactics
Prospects reveal Michigan's pitch to be strong on family, history, academics
Updated: March 8, 2012, 12:53 PM ETBy Tom VanHaaren | WolverineNation
- The recruiting process can be difficult for prospects and their families. Wading through the handwritten letters, the sales pitches and the various programs can be a tough task to manage. Most haven't been through it before, unlike the men doing the selling. The coaches have finely honed their recruiting pitches. It can be dizzying for a prospect: Nearly every program sounds like it would be a great fit.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- Former Vols coach Majors in stable condition
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com