Shallman eager to play power football
2013 commitment got what he wanted when Michigan recruited him as a running back
Updated: March 2, 2012, 11:12 AM ETBy Chantel Jennings | WolverineNation
- NOVI, Mich. -- Running back commit Wyatt Shallman (Novi, Mich./Detroit Catholic Central) moved from Michigan to Singapore to New Jersey back to Michigan for his father's job -- John Shallman is an executive for a medical device company -- all before he was 12. So when Michigan coach Brady Hoke started showing interest in the 6-foot-3, 250-pound back, his parents thought it would be a good idea to introduce him to the history of Michigan football. His mother, Barb, who grew up a Wolverines fan, went out and bought a DVD showcasing the best games of "The Rivalry."
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- FSU's Fisher: 'We're not defending anything'
- Sources: No penalty for reversed targeting call
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com