Rivalry reinvigorated on the trail
Hires of Brady Hoke, Urban Meyer have Michigan, Ohio State battling year-round
Updated: February 29, 2012, 2:39 PM ETBy Tom VanHaaren | WolverineNation
- The Michigan-Ohio State rivalry had been dormant for the past few seasons, and the same was true for the battle on the recruiting trail. Brady Hoke and Urban Meyer both have helped to rekindle that rivalry recently, with both finding success. Meyer has had more success on the recruiting trail historically than Hoke, as he reeled in top class after top class as the coach at Florida. However, Hoke has proven that he and his staff won't back down and will target the top prospects across the country.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- Former Vols coach Majors in stable condition
- FSU's Fisher: 'We're not defending anything'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com