WR commit finds home
Darboh put emphasis on interaction with future teammates during recruiting process
Updated: January 14, 2012, 3:43 PM ETBy Chantel Jennings | WolverineNation
- ANN ARBOR, Mich. -- Team has always been the most important part of sports to 2012 wide receiver commit Amara Darboh (West Des Moines, Iowa/Dowling). Throughout his childhood, sports practices were where he met his best friends and where he spent most of his time, whether it be at soccer, basketball, baseball or football.So when it came time to choosing where he wanted to play college football, it came as no surprise that his No. 1 factor was how he felt around his future teammates. He assumed college football coaching was a fluid reality and he was right -- three of his top schools had coaches that left from the time they started recruiting him. So he focused on the people he knew would be at the schools.[+] EnlargeCourtesy Steven McIntoshAmara Darboh's first interactions in Ann Arbor came with QB Devin Gardner, and receivers Roy Roundtree and Jeremy Gallon.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- Former Vols coach Majors in stable condition
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com